2018 NYSC Batch A Online Registration – This is to inform the general public that the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC portal has opened for 2018 NYSC Batch A Online Registration of prospective corps members, PCMs.
Prospective corps members should ensure that they have a valid and functional e-mail address that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register.
The registration can be done only at the NYSC website portal which has now been opened for online registration. As of last Year, Batch A registration started in earnest and many candidates were shortlisted for service.
2018 NYSC Batch A Online Registration Requirements/Mobilization
1. For those graduates from nationwide Universities, polytechnics, Monotecnics etc, will only be mobilized based on the names submitted and approved names by the Senate/Academic board, hence unapproved result list and names will not access the portal for registration.
2. Corps Members who attended institutions within the federal republic of Nigeria should ensure that they use the right Registration/Matriculation number for the registration.
3. Interested corps members should make sure they have an email address and a GSM phone that is active before proceeding with the registration. These will be required before even starting the registration properly.
Requirements For foreign students
1. Foreign-trained prospective corps members should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
2. Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or
- General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D. not necessary).
3. Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
- It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into the English language before uploading.
- All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science, and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
- Unlike that in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters online and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
2018 NYSC Batch A Online Registration
4. International traveling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
Passport photographs used must meet the following specifications:
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth, and jaw) is fully shown without bending
- Make sure the picture fills the frame and centralized
- Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their bio-metric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their bio-metric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00)
- Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands’ place of domicile during registration.
- All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for the collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only.
How To Register For 2018 NYSC Batch A Online Registration:
Graduates are to visit the Nysc portal HERE for online registration and biometric data capture.
It is recommended that pregnant women, a nursing mother, and sick patients should not proceed for mobilization and perspective corps member belonging to this categories should not that the camp is not ideal and hence they will not be accommodated.
It is important to note that anyone who uploads/ presents any faked details he or she will be demobilized and decamped. In case you paid already for the online registration, there is no need to pay again for the online registration for the 2018 NYSC Batch A Registration.
Note that all registration should be done at the NYSC official website portal.