Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria is the only Professional Regulatory Body for all cadres of Nurses and Midwives in Nigeria. So, in this article contains the Admission Requirements for School of Nursing & Midwifery.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria is in partnership and collaboration with non-governmental organization. Thy include: WHO, UNICEF, Ipas, Netherlands Leprosy Relief Organization, JSI/MMIS-Nigeria, and many more.
As there are various categories of Nursing and Midwifery admission offered in the School, so are their requirements for admission varies.
Admission Requirements for School of Nursing & Midwifery
See below for admission qualification to enable you apply for School of Nursing & Midwifery in Nigeria.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR GENERAL NURSING PROGRAMME
To apply for admission into the General Nursing Education Programme of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, candidate must posses the Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent with five credits including English Language and either Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Health Science at not more than 2 sittings.
REQUIREMENTS For POST BASIC MIDWIFERY PROGRAMME
Candidate seeking for admission into Post Basic Medwifery progrmame must be a Registered Nurse and must also meet all institutional Requirements to be admitted into any of the 66 schools of midwifery.
The Duration of Study One (1) calendar year. Registration obtainable is Registered Midwife (RM)
- POST BASIC PSYCHIATRIC NURSING PROGRAMME
- Applicant must be a Registered Nurse and must also meet all institutional Requirements to be admitted into any of the eight (8) schools of psychiatric nursing.
- Duration of Study One (1) calendar year.
- Registration obtainable Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN)
- REQUIRMENTS For BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE DEGREE PROGRAMME (B.N.Sc.)
- Candidate must have five Credits level passes in WASC/SSCE or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. Subject must include English Language, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics. Also he/she must also meet all institutional requirements.
- Duration of Study Five (5) calendar years with one year internship in a recognized health care institution.
- Registration obtainable: Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Midwife (RM), Registered Public Health Nurse (RPHN).
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN).
- Academic Qualification Bachelor of Nursing Science Degree.
- HIGHER DEGREES IN NURSING
- Admission requirements As obtainable in the different Universities offering higher degrees in Nursing.
- Academic Degrees Master of Philosophy, Doctor of Philosophy.
- Admission requirements Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife with at least one year post registration experience .
- A current practicing license.
- Applicant must meet all other institutional requirements.
- Duration of Study One Calendar Year, except for the Anaesthetist Nursing programme which runs for eighteen (18) months.
- Registration Obtainable Certificate in Nursing in the area of Clinical Specialization.
For more inquires, about Admission Requirements for School of Nursing, kindly make use of the comment box, and we shall respond to you as soon as possible. Also, feel free to share this article to hep enrich others.