Human Rights Watch Ongoing Recruitment 2017- On this post, you will get the latest update about the Human Rights Watch Ongoing Recruitment, Requirements involved and other important updates via Human Rights Watch Ongoing Recruitment.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, it’s incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Researcher
Job Type: Full time
Department: Africa Division
- The Africa Division of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking applicants for the position of Researcher on Nigeria.
- The Researcher will be responsible for developing and implementing a research and advocacy agenda on human rights conditions in Nigeria.
- The position reports to the Executive Director of the Africa Division and will preferably be based in Nigeria but other locations, especially in the region, may be considered.
- Research, monitor, and document human rights abuses by collecting and analyzing information from a wide variety of sources including governments, local media, NGOs, victims, witnesses, journalists, diplomats, security forces and others in the field;
- Conduct fact-finding missions in Nigeria and other countries, as needed;
- Write and publicize reports, letters, news releases, op-eds, and submissions to international bodies based on the findings of the research;
Develop and implement local, regional, and international strategies to change abusive laws, policies, and practices;
- Liaise effectively with HRW staff located in multiple locations throughout the world to ensure effective coordination and delivery of activities;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: An advanced (graduate) degree in International Relations, Journalism, Law, Social Sciences, or related studies is required.
- Experience: A minimum of three to five years of experience in human rights research, including time spent working in Nigeria, is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required; ability to speak a local language is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to think strategically about the global and local media environments and how to use traditional and social media to further advocacy goals is desirable. etc
Salary and Benefits
HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
HRW offers a relocation assistance package and will assist employees in obtaining necessary work authorization if required; citizens of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply For Human Rights Watch Ongoing Recruitment 2017
Interested and Qualified Candidates should
Click Here To Apply
- Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
- Online application is free
- Multiple applications by one Candidate for more than one job will be disqualified
- Human Rights Watch welcomes applications from people of diverse racial, ethnic, religious, national, and socioeconomic backgrounds, women, LGBT persons, and persons with disabilities.
If you want us to provide you with more updates and information about Human Rights Watch Ongoing Recruitment 2017, kindly provide us your email Address and phone number in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question.