This post will cover detail about National Identity Card Registration, Application guide and requirement. Kindly read through for more details. The National Identity Card is a portable document, typically a plasticized card with digitally-embedded information, that someone is required or encouraged to carry as a means of confirming their identity.
Before you proceed to register for your card, i want to also share the required details need.
National Identity Card Registration Requirement
You are required to upload any of the following as a proof of your identity for your enrollment.
- Old National ID card.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Valid International passport.
- Voter’s ID card.
- Staff ID card.
- State of origin certificate.
- Birth certificate/declaration of age
How to Register and Obtain Your National Identity Card Free
- Go to the NIMC website: http://www.nimc.gov.ng to access the Enrollment Form
- Fill the Enrollment Form online with all your details and print out a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and Registration Identification Number.
- Go to the enrollment center, where an enrollment officer scans the barcode to pull up your information from the database.
- You should verify and confirm the enrollment data on the system.
- Your headshot photograph, fingerprints and signature would then be captured.
- Submit your supporting documents for scanning.
- Your enrollment is acknowledged where two slips would be given to you. (a) Transaction Slip (b) NIN Slip indicating completion of enrollment.
- With everything properly done, you should not have any problems getting your identity card quickly.
The National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] was established in 2007 to provide an assured identity system in Nigeria. The commission became operational sometime in 2012 and since then, millions of Nigerians have been enroll and millions more are yet to be enrolled.